Avocado and crab gratin
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 clove of garlic chopped very finely
- ½ a lemon
- 6 spring onions cut very finely
- 200g of pickled white crab meat
- 2tbsp Maille olive and provençal herb mustard
- Turn the oven on at 175c.
- Split the avocados in two and discard the stone. Spoon out the flesh and keep the shells.
- Place in a bowl and crush with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spring onions, garlic, lemon, crab meat and Maille olive and provençal herb mustard. Mix well and keep aside.
- Next, make a sauce known as a sabayon. In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and 4 tbsps of water. Whisk well and place over a pan of boiling water (a bain marie). Whisk energetically for 4 to 5 minutes until the yolks are creamy and foamy.
- Fold the sabayon into the avocado mix. Do not cover mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells. Place them on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- When serving the avocados, keep them still by placing them on a small amount of wet salt in the middle of the plate. Serve with a thick slice of toasted brioche.