Avocado Panna Cotta
The Panna Cotta
- 1 avocado
- 150 ml milk
- 120 ml whipping cream
- 3 g gelatine sheets
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt, pepper
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 100 ml chilled full cream, at least 30% fat
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese powder
- 2 tablespoons Mustard with basil and white wine
The Panna Cotta
- Pour the milk, whipping cream, chopped avocado, touch of salt and lemon juice in to a blender
- Place the gelatine sheets into a bowl of cold water.
- Then pour the avocado cream into a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- When the cream is hot and the gelatine has softened, remove from the water and squeeze the excess water
- Add the avocado cream and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into muffin moulds.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then store in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
The Whipped Cream
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk using an electric mixer until it is firm. Add the mustard and a pinch of salt, whisk again on low speed.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The Parmesan Tiles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Arrange parchment paper on a baking tray and place 4 spoonfuls of parmesan powdered cheese onto the tray
- Bake for 3 minutes, ensuring the parmesan cheese it still white but completely melted.
- Allow it to cool before placing on absorbent paper, then let it cool completely.
- Once harden cut into squares.
- Using a knife, trim the grapefruit all the way to its flesh. The idea is to remove all the skin and the pith, exposing the fruit but at the same time not cutting too deep.
- Push your knife at an angle below the segment and push up in order to remove the supreme.
- Repeat to remove all the segments.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Take out the panna cotta from the freezer and place on serving plates.
- Defrost in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Place a grapefruit supreme on each panna cotta.
- With two teaspoons of whipped cream, form a quenelle and place on top the grapefruit supreme.
The whipped cream can be prepared 24 hours in advance, ensuring it is cold and has a fat content higher than 30%. Chill the cream for 2 hours in the refrigerator before assembling.