Cherry Tomato Tart
For the tart
- 1 sheet pre-packaged puff pastry, thawed (if frozen) and ready to prepare
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp. Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 568ml cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
For the salad
Damien SilbermannCreative and passionate, Damien Silbermann is always looking for new and daring combinations of flavours from around the globe. Born in Strasbourg in 1978, Damien completed chef training at the Lycée Alexandre Dumas. Now settled in Montreal, Damien resides at Ateliers et Saveurs as Chief Executive Chef.
- Cut 4 circles of puff pastry about 4 inches diameter in size; set aside. Combine cheese, Maille Dijon Originale mustard and basil in small bowl. Toss tomatoes with 1/2 of the mustard mixture, onion, and thyme in medium bowl.
- Arrange puff pastry on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with egg yolk, then evenly spoon on tomato mixture. Bake 20 minutes until puff pastry is crispy.
- For the salad, mix Maille olive oil, Maille Aged Balsamic vinegar , Maille Wholegrain Chardonnay mustard , salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour vinaigrette over rocket and mix well.
- Remove tarts from oven and arrange on dishes. Roll slices of prosciutto into a rose-shaped fashion and place onto top of pastry in a decorative manner, as desired. Gently spread remaining mustard mixture over tomatoes.
Serve each pastry with a side of rocket salad.