Christmas Canape Hasselback Bites
- 16 new potatoes
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp Maille Dijon Mustard* or Dijon Originale Mustard with White Wine
- 150ml whole milk
- 40g comte cheese
- 20g diced pancetta
*Maille Dijon Mustard (pictured) is availabe from most major retailers.
- Set the oven to 200C. Place a new potato in the well of a wooden spoon and slice horizontally across it using the edges of the spoon to ensure you don’t slice all the way through. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and lay them out on a baking tray.
- Brush each potato with oil and season with salt. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for one minute whisking regularly. Next add the mustard, followed by the milk and cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add 30g of the comte cheese and remove from the heat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and top each with the sauce, the pancetta and the remaining comte cheese. Cook for a further 10 minutes until golden and crispy. Top with the fresh thyme and seve.