Crab Cakes with Sweet Mustard Sauce
- 1 tsp. Maille Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallot or onion
- 3 tbsp. Maille White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. PLUS ¼ cup Maille Mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tbsp. Maille Dijon Mustard with Honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 340g fresh, frozen or canned crabmeat
- 1 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg yolk
- 31g Panko bread crumbs
- 56ml vegetable oil
- Heat Maille Olive Oil in small skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add Maille White Wine Vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in 3 tablespoons Maille Mayonnaise, Maille Dijon Mustard with Honey and salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Combine crabmeat, remaining 56ml Maille Mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and green onions in medium bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape into 12 patties and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Dip crab cakes into egg yolk, then bread crumbs. Heat vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook crab cakes until golden, about 5 minutes, turning once.
Serve with chilled Mustard sauce.