Grilled Aubergine Antipasto
Antipasto can last for months, make this once and use in pasta sauces, sandwich fillers, turn into a dip and many more, quite a versatile and useful dish to have in the pantry.
- 1 large aubergine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Maille wholegrain mustard
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarse ripped basil leaves
- Wash and cut your aubergine in medium thick slices (about 1 cm)
- Brush with some of the olive oil on each side
- Grill in a hot griddle pan or on a BBQ until golden brown on each side
- Layer in dish with the crushed garlic, Maille wholegrain mustard and basil.
- Pour the olive oil over the dish.
You can also make batches of this with tripling the recipe, adding the mixture in a sterilised jar, top up with olive oil to cover and keep in the pantry, or the fridge once opened.