Herb Crusted Lamb
- 50g fresh white breadcrumb or white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. thyme leaf
- 2 tbsp. basil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil plus, extra for drizzling
- 2 x 8-bone trimmed racks of lamb
- 2 tbsp. Maille Dijon mustard
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the breadcrumbs, herbs and zest into a food processor with 1 tbsp. of the oil and some seasoning. Blitz until everything is finely chopped and combined.
Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Season the lamb, then brown it well on all sides and turn off the heat. Turn the racks so that they are fat-side up, and brush liberally with Maille Dijon mustard. Pat in the herb crust, drizzle with a bit more oil, and roast for 25 mins until the crust is golden and the lamb is cooked
Serve with wilted spinach, seasoned with honey mustard and a creamy mash potato.