Maille Christmas Chicken
Recipe created by Harry Lalousis
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 55 minutes
A comforting, delicious Chicken with a juicy raspberry, basil and maple syrup Mustard glaze, perfect for any winter Dinner or special occasion
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 grams raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons Maille Dijon Originale
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Glazing
- 3 tablespoons cranberry compot
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 bunch of rosemary stalks
- In a blender mix the Maille Dijon Originale, butter, garlic, raspberry, basil and cinnamon, until well incorporated and season to taste.
- Gently loosen up the skin starting from the neck of the chicken all the way until the tail with your fingertips.
- Massage the Flavoured mustard mix, underneath the skin all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack and roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C.
- In the meanwhile, mix the cranberry compote, maple syrup, wholegrain mustard, oil and the rosemary in a bowl
- Brush the mixture over the chicken about every 15 minutes whilst roasting.