Maille Christmas Ham
Recipe created by Harry Lalousis
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 80 minutes
- 500g / 1 cup honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp Maille Dijon Original Mustard or Dijon Originale Mustard with White Wine
- 2 tbsp Maille Wholegrain Mustard or Maille Wholegrain Mustard with Chardonnay Wine
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2kg unsmoked boneless gammon joint
- Optional: 10-15 whole cloves
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine the honey, butter, Maille Dijon mustard, Maille Wholegrain mustard, and thyme in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 2 mins, remove and set aside.
- Use a small knife to remove the rind from the gammon join, leaving the fat intact. Score the fat in a diamond pattern. Optional: Push a clove into the centre of each diamond to make your gammon extra special this festive season.
- Brush a third of the honey mustard glaze all over the joint and place in a shallow baking tray, cover with foil and place in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 20 minutes per 500g of gammon).
- Re-coat with extra glaze every 25 minutes, and 10 minutes before the end, turn the oven up to 210oC, remove the foil, brush with the remaining glaze, and roast until golden and sticky.
*Cooking instructions are based on an average ham. Please check your gammon’s specific cooking instructions to cook your ham. If you buy an already cooked ham you will need to make sure you cook it for long enough to heat through, about 10 mins per 450g. The internal temperature of your ham should be 60C in the centre when it is done.