Maille Quiche Lorraine
Recipe by: Harry Lalousis
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
A classic French dish that is typically comfort food that warms the heart, Our version is a classic with a twist of Burgundy!
- 1 23cm savoury pastry case
- 1 thickly sliced leek
- 200 grams chopped bacon lardons
- 5 eggs
- 250 grams grated Gruyere cheese
- 300 millilitres double cream
- 2 tablespoons Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- In a shallow pan add the lardons and cook until golden brown on high heat, add the leeks and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a bowl thoroughly whisk the eggs with the mustard and cream
- Place your pastry case on a baking tray and place the lardon and leek mixture evenly across the bases, sprinkle half the cheese on top
- Place the baking sheet to half rest on the oven rack in order to poor in the egg and cream mixture without spilling, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for 30 mins at 160 degrees Celsius.
- allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.