Skip to content
Can We Tempt You With 10% Off Your Order?
To thank you for visiting us we are offering a discount when you complete your order today.
Your one-time 10% off coupon code is:
Mixed Leaf Salad with Figs and Mozzarella Fritters sprinkled with Crispy Parma Ham and Pistachio Nuts
- 200g mixed leaves (spinach, rocket, beetroot etc.)
- 12 fresh figs
For the ham
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- 50g blanched pistachio nuts
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Maille olive oil
- 4 tbsp hazelnut oil
For the mozzarella fritters
- 12 mozzarella balls
- 2 eggs
- 40g flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 litre of cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (Gas mark 5).
- Arrange the slices of Parma ham on an ovenproof plate and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then crush them with the pistachios.
- In a bowl, make the dressing by first adding the honey and Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar and then pouring the oils in gradually, stirring vigorously.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, beat them and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the mozzarella balls in flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. For a crisper result and for added strength, repeat the coating process with the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the mozzarella balls for about 1 minute in the oil at 160°C (they should be golden), then immediately drain them on some absorbent paper.
- Cut the figs into quarters. In a bowl, mix the leaves together with the dressing.
- In a deep dish, arrange the leaves and figs. Arrange the mozzarella balls and sprinkle all of them with the parma ham-pistachio mixture.