Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Tarragon
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add sugar.
- Add in the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Then add water to cover the carrots, season with salt and cook.
- When the water has evaporated, add a small amount of water to finish cooking.
- Allow a total cooking time of 30 minutes.
- While the carrots are cooking, peel the potatoes and dice them into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Brown them over medium heat, then reduce the heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Allow approximately 25 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut the tenderloin into pieces.
- Heat oil into a large cast iron casserole dish and brown the meat on all sides.
- Remove the meat; add the white wine and water
- Add the tenderloin, season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin again and add in the cream and mustard to the pot. Mix and bring to a boil for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Add the tenderloin and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve the tenderloin with the potatoes and carrots vichy. Cover with sauce.
Unlike most stews, where it is best to cook the day before, this recipe is best cooked the same day, just before serving. The meat will remain moist.