These open-faced salmon burgers combine Maille Dijon Originale mustard with fresh dill, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mayonnaise and mustard replace breadcrumbs as a gluten-free binder for an incredibly moist and flavourful burger.
Note: You can skip the chilling, but be careful when flipping the burgers as they will fall apart more easily
- Either finely mince the salmon by hand or run it through a food processor until coarsely ground. Ideally, pulverise half and chop half by hand so that there are still some chunks of fish.
- Combine salmon with dill, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, mayonnaise, Maille Dijon Originale mustard, capers, garlic, and salt in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Arrange the patties on a plate and chill 15 minutes to 2 hours. This will help the patties stay together without the help of bread crumbs.
- Heat large cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat skillet with thin layer of oil.
- Cook burgers, carefully turning once, until nicely browned and firm, about 6 minutes.
Serve the burgers immediately on toasted gluten-free buns or on a bed of rocket, garnished with lemon wedges and more Maille Dijon Originale mustard on the side.