Salmon with Creamy Shallots
The succulent flavour of salmon is enhanced by the use of whole grain Maille Wholegrain mustard combined with the delicate taste of shallots.
- 4 pieces salmon fillets (about 140g)
- 4 shallots, cut lengthwise through the root and finely diced
- 3 tbsp. white wine, preferably Chablis
- 225ml thick cream
- 3 tbsp. Maille Wholegrain mustard
- Season salmon, if desired, with salt and pepper. Arrange salmon in large skillet over medium heat and gently sear salmon. Add shallots and wine. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Serve, if desired, with hot basmati rice.
Never boil a sauce after adding mustard because it creates an uneven consistency.