Sautéed Scallops with Wholegrain Mustard and Rosemary Beurre Blanc
- 12 scallops, cleaned with roe intact
- 8 thin slices of pancetta
- One bunch of fresh samphire, cleaned and washed
- 125g unsalted butter, cut into small knobs and kept cold
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp Maille Wholegrain mustard
- Rosemary, finely chopped
- In a frying pan, sauté the shallots until golden brown. Add the white wine vinegar and rosemary and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Add the butter to the vinegar and shallot reduction to make a beurre blanc.
- Ensure the butter is cold and whisk thoroughly from the beginning to create a stable emulsion and creamy colour. Stir in the Maille Wholegrain mustard
- In a separate frying pan, sauté the scallops in clarified butter until golden.
- In another smaller pan, wilt the samphire in butter.
- Bake or grill the pancetta until crisp.
- To assemble, build the samphire on the plate, topped with the scallops. Pour the beurre blanc over the top and garnish with the crispy pancetta.