Seared Duck breast with figs and Balsamic vinegar
1. Cut the potatoes in thick horizontal slices and par boil in hot water for 5 minutes.
2. Remove with a slotted spatula and place on a baking tray, smear with 1 tablespoon of butter and place in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F until, golden brown on the edges.
3. In a medium/hot heavy base oven proof pan add the butter and allow to melt, place the duck breasts skin side down and hold down with a spatula, for a minute, then allow to cook further for about 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes.
4. Smear the breasts with the mustard, add the figs cut in halves, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and place the pan in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve on the baked potato slices.