Sesame Snaps with Spiced Orange and Sauternes White Wine Vinegar Dip
- - 8 oranges
- - 100ml water
- - 20g sugar
- - 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
- - 50ml Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar
- - 1tsp ginger powder
For the sesame snaps
- - 15g flour
- - 15g sesame seeds
- - 20ml orange juice or water
- - 15g butter, melted
- - 60g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6-7).
- Peel and segment the oranges, completely removing all the white pith and saving the juice.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add orange juice, sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Remove from the heat and add Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar and ginger powder.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sesame seeds, orange juice or water, melted butter and icing sugar on a slow setting (avoid getting air into the dough).
- On a baking tray place spoonful of the dough mix spaced apart to allow for spreading.
- Then bake at 200°C for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully because they tend to colour quickly.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for a few minutes to allow them to harden, then mold into the desired shape.
- In a small glass or shallow dish, arrange the orange segments and the syrup and garnish with the sesame snaps.
Occasion: dinner_parties, bbq
Serves: 4 people