Spring Goddess Sandwich
Recipe from Feasting at Home
A hearty vegan sandwich full of fresh spring veggies and tasty chickpea salad.
Fresh herbs and flavourful Maille Mustard give these a delicious burst of flavour!
Makes 2 sandwiches - 20 minutes
- 1 batch Chickpea Salad ( see below)
- 4 slices whole grain bread or 2 bagels
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 2 large lettuce leaves ( red leaf, green leaf or romaine )
- 1 Turkish cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced ( use a vegetable peeler )
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- big handful of sprouts- alfalfa, sunflower or daikon
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/8 cup chopped dill (or sub fresh tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons Maille whole grain mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo
- generous pinch salt
Make the chickpea salad, placing all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix and smash with a fork until well combined.
Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a little whole grain mustard on the bread.
Top with lettuce and a generous amount of the chickpea salad.
Layer sliced cucumber, carrots, radishes and avocado.
Top with a mound of sprouts and bread.