Strawberries, Basil and Mascarpone Éclairs
- 120g white pastry flour
- 100ml water
- 100ml whole milk
- 85g unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 level tsp caster sugar
- 1 level tsp Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- ½ tsp salt, optional
Mascarpone cream filling
- 500g mascarpone
- 120g caster sugar
- 80g whipped cream
- 50ml water
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- 125g strawberries, finely chopped
- 80g sugar
- ¼ vanilla pod
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/356F/gas.
- Combine the water, milk, butter, salt and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Add the flour while stirring.
- Bring to a moderate heat for 3 minutes so the water evaporates and remove from the heat.
- Add the Maille Dijon Originale mustard and the eggs little by little and beat in well until smooth.
- Pipe the mixture on a baking tray, forming lines of approximately 10cm/4inches and place in a fan oven for 27 minutes.
- Mix the sugar and water and cook as a syrup until it reaches 120C/248F/gas.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in the syrup.
- Whip the mixture in the mixer until you get a nice and smooth sabayon.
- Combine the whipped cream and the Maille Dijon Originale mustard.
- When the mixtures reaches 15C/59F, add the mascarpone and the mustard mix and stir to combine.
- Chop the strawberries and blend them with a hand blender.
- Mix all ingredients together, add to a pan and bring to the boil. Keep cooking for 5 minutes on a constant boil. Stir constantly, then take the pan off from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Cool the mixture in the fridge before use.
- Pipe both mixtures in the éclairs and decorate with fresh strawberries and basil to finish.