Stuffed roasted horn peppers
- 6 large red or Green horn peppers
- 5 cups short grain rice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion
- ½ a cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons of fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Maille wholegrain mustard
- In a frying pan add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the onions, cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, dill, tomato puree and mustard and stir to combine, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Wash the pepper and place on a flat surface, carefully cut the tops evenly, just enough to allow the rice to sit evenly inside, keep the tops as they will serve as lids in the end.
- Fill the peppers evenly with the rice mixture, place in a baking dish, cover with the lids and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- You can season the outside of the peppers with salt and pepper, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top, cover with aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about an hour and a half
For extra roasted pepper remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes on 200 degrees celsius