Watercress and Apple Samosas
For 12 samosas :
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple
- 1 white pudding
- 1/2 a bunch of watercress
- 2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Pleurote, Chanterelle mushrooms and white wine mustard
- Salt, Pepper
- Remove the skin of the boudin blanc sausage and cut into small cubes.
- Peel the apple, remove its core and then cut it into small cubes.
- Remove the stalks from the watercress and then rinse the leaves under running water. Spin dry.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Add the boudin blanc sausage and the apple.
- Firstly, brown over high heat, then lower the heat and add the watercress leaves and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- At the end of cooking, add the cream and mustard. Cook for another 3 minutes, stirring from time to time. Allow to cool.
- During this time, prepare the filo pastry sheets.
- Cut 2 large strips, 4 to 5 cm wide, from each sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling on the lower right corner of the pastry strip.
- Fold the lower left corner over the filling to form a triangle and continue folding the pastry sheet.
- At the end of folding, tuck the remaining dough under the samosa and cut off the excess to obtain a perfect triangle. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the samosas on both sides.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the crispy crust.
When cooking the samosas, start with the underside to seal the dough. For a lighter version, bake the samosas in an oven for 10 minutes at 180°C / Gas Mark 4.