Skip to content
Can We Tempt You With 10% Off Your Order?
To thank you for visiting us we are offering a discount when you complete your order today.
Your one-time 10% off coupon code is:
Welsh Rarebit with Maille Honey Mustard
- 120g mustard washed St Bruce cheese, grated. (Alternative: mature cheddar)
- 15g unsalted butter, plus more for the bread
- 3 tbsp dark beer
- 4 slices local sourdough
- 2 heaped teaspoons fruit chutney
- 2 medium free-range egg yolks
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Maille Honey mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the beer with the Maille Honey mustard into a small pan and stir to combine.
- Add the unsalted butter and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat gently until the butter has melted.
- Add in the grated cheese and stir to melt, not allowing it to boil.
- Once the mixture is smooth, season and remove from heat. Allow to cool until just slightly warm before beating in the egg yolks.
- Butter the underside of the bread and toast in a dry pan.
- Lay the buttered side of the pieces of bread down on a chopping board.
- Spread the chutney thickly over the bread and add the cheese mixture on the top.
- Grill for 20-30 seconds until lightly browned and bubbling.